Tuesday, March 19, 2013

cambridge in the fog ...

Ok where were we ... oh yes ... fog ... England ... nature ... & a road trip to Cambridge. Yesterday i attempted to share a whole host of pretty pictures ... but well i failed with my ability to babble & go off on tangents. So today I am taking you on a trip down to Cambridge, one foggy morning in March ... (& way less talking this time i promise) ... 

I grew up in Cambridge & whilst i knew it was a beautiful city I believe i took it for granted. Now having returned to England I have 3 or 4 years to explore my homeland, camera in hand & I am working incredible hard at it. Not everyone gets the chance to see the world, travel & walk away with beautiful reminders so i feel as if this is something I have to do. & so often we want the blue skies & the pretty clouds, we forget that beauty isn't necessarily found in those things. So keeping this in mind, a morning spent wandering through a fog filled Cambridge sounded wonderful. & well it was ...

Literally just off the bus I decided to dart onto Christ Piece & saw this beautiful moment ... like something out of Narnia ... oh by the way i should mention now all these images were captured using my Lensbaby Composer Pro & Edge 80 optic. 


pretty rain drops seen out the corner of my eye ... 

Christ College ... 

senate house passage ...

one of those moments you come across that leaves you in awe ...

& just as stunning in colour ... 

& the epitome of all things Cambridge. 

Cambridge is one of those cities that has a timeless feel ... so much history, it could almost be 1913 instead of 2013. 

Ok enough photos for one day (though honestly can you ever get enough) ... I must get back to doing something my husband considers "productive". Have a wonderful day ... & remember that whilst we all get the winter blues you may be surprised some days, so don't think about it before grabbing your camera & heading out because beautiful can be found everywhere!

xx



15 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE the first and last shots! Amazing!! Wish I was there... I've been to England once and fell in love with it. Maybe you'd like to come to Illinois and we could swap?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love being in the US & i visited Chicago many years ago, I would love to return! I'm glad you enjoy them ... it really is a beautiful city, I am so enjoying exploring it again! Thank you for your kind words. xx

      Delete
  2. So dreamy! Beautiful images of Cambridge! I´ve never been there but I would love to be able to see this place with my own eyes. In the mean time, your photos do the job nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nat, thank you for your incredible kind words. It's a beautiful, small & every English city full of history. I will be sharing many many more photos i am sure! xx

      Delete
  3. thee are absolutely gorgeous. so surreal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Marisa for your kind words. xx

      Delete
  4. These are absolutely gorgeous. Would make a beautiful set of note card images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhmazing! These are wonderful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your wonderful kind words Betsy. Have a wonderful night. xx

      Delete
  6. Every time I see photos from Cambridge, it moves closer to the top of my list of places to visit and this time is no exception! LOVE these pics and I'm so jelly that I can't be there taking in all that amazing-ness as well :( Keep posting so my eyes can be happy!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrena, Glad you enjoyed them. It really is a beautiful & incredible photogenic city ... like a mini London with it's parks & historic architecture, & so much life. I hope one day you will see it for yourself. & don't worry i visit it on a regular basis always with camera in hand! xx

      Delete
  7. WOW! these are terrific! I hope you made a mural out of them or something fantastic to show them off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Trina ... i imagine a couple of them will be framed in my home. They are some of my favourites from this year. xx

      Delete