Wednesday, March 5, 2014

London Kings Cross ...

So here's the ummm geek in me i guess ... I love railway stations. I mean i adore them. I love the mix of emotions that can be found in them, the sense of romance & the history that goes with. & then, then there is the architecture. Back when i was in 6th form i studied Station Architecture for my a-level art, travelled around stations taking pictures & read about their history. I really do love them ... did you know they were considered the "cathedrals" of the 19th century? Anyways every time i travel to London from Cambridge I am lucky enough to enjoy London King's Cross station with it's huge arches & historic clocks. 


Well now it has a much newer addition so i decided to have a little lensbaby fun. I am in love with the contrasting side to this station, now if only I could spend a whole day exploring it you know without Jacob! 



& yes that was an amazingly short post for me ... who knows what you will get 2 weeks from now! Don't forget to head on round the sisterhood stories circle for some inspirational words & beautiful pictures starting with Karrie

7 comments:

  1. Truly the loveliest photos of King's Cross I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, like the fact that you seek out compositional elements in your photos- arches, circles, etc- the last photo is phenominal- love the repeating arches-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Size doesn't matter, right?! ;) I love those photos and I am totally with you on the architecture of train stations. I am always in awe when I am at Grand Central Terminal in NYC with all it's crowds and ceilings and details - hm, I don't think I tried my LensBaby in there yet. Might have to do that on my next trip to the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your love of train stations, the history, arrivals and departures, it's like frozen in time if you close your eyes. Beautiful photos, as always xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so not a GEEK! I am swooning over these images, I have not had the chance to get to Kings cross yet but it is on my bucket list:) your use of the lensbaby is stunning, I am in love every one of these images:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your images are fabulous, so evocative. I love stations too! I love the new kings cross - its wonderful that they have created a modern space to rival the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just stunning. I never knew train stations were Cathedrals, but they certainly have that appearance, even in Los Angeles! Thank you for the gorgeous pics and the history lesson.

    ReplyDelete